Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The feeling

How shall I express you this feeling? I don’t know. A feeling that breaks all the bonds, and screams “Just Do It”. This is the feeling that pumps a huge dose of adrenaline in my blood, and then it is like Nirvana. Everything seems possible when I see myself in the Olive green uniform. This is the uniform that screams pride and commands respect. Yes you guessed it right. It is the army uniform.
I was always inspired by the Indian Army. It all started at my fifth birthday, when I got a replica of an M 16 carbine and an army fatigue dress, complete with the boot and the cap, as my birthday gift. Since then I have been breeding this feeling in me. With time I grew up, with me grew up this feeling, and I also developed a feeling of respect for my great country, India. I read history; I came to know more about my great country and the freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for this country. I found that all the freedom fighters were all together different from each other, but they had something in common. The thing that they had in common was this feeling, the same feeling that I breed in me.
I told my family and my friends about this feeling of mine, they derelict it, they mocked me. It seemed, like nobody understood this feeling, except me. But my was mind was clear, my goals and priorities were set. I understood that getting in to the olive green was not easy. There was a long way to go. I may fall down, I might be hurt, I may be mocked by many, and many barriers may come in my way. I may feel like I am going through hell, but I will not stop. I will always have God leading me in my way and this feeling in me, which will keep me going. God willing, one day I reach my destination and this journey will end, that day you will see me in the ‘olive greens’ and stars shining on my shoulders. JAI HIND! 

No comments:

Post a Comment